Dochas Sidhe is a race of Fae descended from Oberon and is the last known race of Fae in existence after the Big Three vanished, as Amandine was Oberon's youngest daughter.
Description (Defined) Edit
Fae race of Blood-workers: those with the power of Blood Magic. There are only two Dochas Sidhe in existence (formerly three if you count Gillian before she was given the Changeling's Choice).
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Blood Magic: ability to garner memories from people's blood, sharing some similarities to Daoine Sidhe
- can change the balance of someone's blood (unconsciously can alter their own blood if either a mixed blood or changeling as October has proven)
- might be able to clarify the complicated bloodlines that have a reputation for going mad
- break shapeshifting spells
- tilt a changeling's blood all the way human or all the way Fae
- Advanced healing - October has survived multiple near-fatal injuries, the worst of them a fall from a great height in Arden's knowe to the point where she broke bones that were unbreakable), August had survived a skull fracture and healed within minutes
- Changelings show resilience to forced blood change - only seen in Toby. Toby was able to keep herself from turning fully human when she was fighting her goblin-fruit addiction, and also when she had been elf-shot. It would've been implied that August would've ripped Toby's fae blood out completely if she wasn't Dochas Sidhe and able to resist.
- Can borrow magic like Daoine Sidhe, but it is unclear if they can create blood charms as Toby drank Nolan's blood directly.
✾ There's a suggestion that if they knew what they were looking for, they could unknot that mess that happens in changelings that gives them all of the power and none of the blocks against what should or should not be possible for their breed.
- If you’re using blood for fuel, you’re probably losing it and need to replenish, and thus need to eat something.
- Riding blood has the same risks as a Daoine Sidhe
- If a Dochas Sidhe is injured to the point of unconsciousness, that leaves them vulnerable despite their advanced healing, as the Luidaeg noted that Toby was unbreakable but not unkillable
Characteristics and NatureEdit
- There are only two female Dochas Sidhe in existence, one pureblood and one changeling, so it is unclear what all pureblooded Dochas Sidhe, much less a male, are supposed to look like, though October notes that her hair and skin is getting lighter as she inches closer to her Fae nature. August, who has the Torquill trademark red hair and gold eyes, has color-saturated features that mirror a watercolor painting.
- It is revealed that the purpose of the Dochas Sidhe is to "bring Oberon home"
Dochas Sidhe Characters Edit
- Amandine (Firstborn)
- October Days (changeling, inching closer to fae)
- August Torquill (formerly mixed blood, rendered pureblood by Amandine)
- Gillian Marks (formerly thinblooded changeling, rendered mortal by Toby)
See Also Edit
External References Edit
Dochas Sidhe refs: